Chrome is a great browser but also an annoying at times when it takes too much liberty.
Sometimes I hire freelancers on UpWork for some projects. The other day, one of them sent me some articles to review. As soon as I tried to start downloading them, Chrome stopped the download, saying “This file is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it”.
After verifying with the origin that the file is safe, I was looking for a way to stop chrome from blocking downloads.
Another option – give the user the opportunity to decide whether or not they want to download the file and “risking” it.
Anyway- here is how to stop chrome from blocking download of “dangerous files”:
[DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK]
- Go to Chrome’s settings page
- Scroll all the way down, and hit “Advanced”
- Click “Sync and Google Services”
- Scroll down to “Other Google Services”
- Switch off “Safe Browsing”
- After downloading the file – don’t forget to switch this feature back on!