Microsoft Office Picture Manager in Office 2013

If you use Microsoft Office 2013 / Office 365 – you probably noticed that unlike previous versions of Microsoft Office, “Microsoft Office Picture Manager” is not included in Microsoft Office 2013.

The problem

As a matter of fact, this little program was very useful for many not-that-advanced users since it includes some basic and helpful features like crop, rotate, brightness, contrast, red eye removal, etc.

For some reason, Microsoft decided to remove it from Office 2013.

The solution

Actually, it’s really easy to get back Microsoft Office Picture Manager in Office 2013. In order to have it back on your computer, there’s a nice-yet-tricky solution. No, you don’t have to have any other pack of previous versions of Microsoft Office. For our issue, we’re gonna download and install “Microsoft SharePoint designer”, but we’re gonna use only 1 feature of this installer.

This software is free to download, and you don’t need any serial number / activation key.

So let’s begin:

1. Download the installer: (32 bit, 64 bit).

2. Download the installation pack and run it. Don’t forget to click “Customize“.

3. On this screen, click on every program on the list, and choose “Not Available” from the options list:

4. Next, click on the plus sign next to “Office Tools” in order to expand it, and click on “Microsoft Office Picture Manager” and choose “Run from My Computer”:

5. Click “Continue” and enjoy. Microsoft Office Picture Manager is now installed.

Comments

1. Marisa says

I tried installing Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010. Something went wrong with the installation (Windows can’t ID the problem), and now not only can I not get Picture Manager installed, but I cannot uninstall SharePoint (all I get is an error message saying “The language of this installation package is not supported by your system.”). Now what??

2. Eli says

Worked like a charm for me with my Windows 8 machine. Much easier than a few of the other directions I found online. Thanks!

3. Vassilis says

Thanks, works just find. The only thing is that when I hit the “Open with” instead of Office Picture Manager I see Microsoft Office 2010 but I got used to it already :)

4. Mark Edwards says

Thank you so so much…..I’ve wasted hours trying to get picture manager onto my machine….. I needed this app for my work so I’m very grateful and will happily buy you a coffee…..
    Thanks again

5. Bill Logan says

Need help!
    My Microsoft Office Picture Manager today went berserk.
    Can’t get rid of it. can’t even do a ‘restore”. Everything I try to click on, the darn MS Office Pic manager pops up as the program. Can’t even open my MS Outlook. to send mail. At wits end trying to get rid of it. Even deleted the file (I thought) but it is STILL there. Even tried to Use OBIT Power Uninstall and it would not uninstall it. Nothing works, And yes I rebooted several times. Exasperated, Now suspect it has to be malware from some joker who thinks it is funny. Nothing I tried works.
    [email protected] Since it not outlook.
    Hope this goes out,

6. RS says

Thanks for the very useful tip. But after sometime, I had problems with file associations – when I click on Word document, or Excel Spreadsheet, or PowerPoint deck, it never opened. I had to start respective application (Word, Excel, etc.) and then choose the file I want to open. Upon checking I found that I found 2 versions of Office on my PC, both 2013 and 2010. So I had to uninstall both and re-install 2013. I was very surprised how Office 2010 version was installed on my PC. I kind of figured out that Windows Update went ahead and installed SP2 of Office 2010 which could have brought back the old version of Word, Excel, etc., and caused the issue. Now I am careful to manually control Windows Updates to avoid installing any updates for Office 2010. Windows update is not smart. Just because I have installed Picture Manager from Office 2010, it installs all updates for Office 2010 causing this problem.

7. Binoy Kaladi says

Wow… It worked like a charm. I was really missing the Office Picture Manager and now I got it. Thanks a Ton :)

8. Binoy Kaladi says

Wow… It worked like a charm. I was really missing the Office Picture Manager in Office 2013 and now I got it. Thanks a Ton :)

9. indy says

Error: 1935,
    setup failed rolling back changes..

i am running office 2013 professional pro, plz help me out to solve this query.

10. indy says

An error occurred during the installation of assembly component..

i didn’t get the continue button i get the install button instead.. :/
    so might be it’s not supported to the version of MS office i am having .. ?

11. MABUS says

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE ACCURATE INFORMATION !!!!

YOU HELPED ME TO SOLVE BIG PROBLEM BY USING PICTURE MANAGER !!!

THANKS AGAIN AND GOD BLESSED YOU.

12. Jane says

I have MS Office 2013 and downloaded Sharepoint designer to install picture manager. picture manager is subsequently installed on my pc , but when I try to edit a picture it doesn’t work . I can’t do any editing. It simply doesn’t work. Can you please help!

13. says

Hi
    Please help! I have MS Office 2013 and installed Microsoft pic Manager via SharePoint Designer. Picture Manager was installed but I’m unable to edit my pictures. It doesn’t edit at all.

Trackbacks